This month’s DIY Project is going to go to your head, literally.
Truth be told, my style aesthetic doesn’t really skew hardcore (unless you count that one time I was a full-on groupie because my skater boyfriend was in a band). I have next to no spikes, studs, chains, leather, pleather or skulls in my wardrobe, but sometimes I’d like to have a little more edge, you know? This month’s DIY Chain Hair Combs have become my perfect go-to for a hint of hardcore.
If you’re game to get a little gritty with me, here are the details.
Small Chain (Hello, Home Depot.)
Hair Combs (as many as you’d like to do)
Needle and Thread
1. Measure your chain against your hair combs.
2. Cut chain to correct length.
3. Secure thread around one end of a hair comb with a few knots.
4. Wrap thread around hair comb and chain, across the full width of the comb.
5. Secure the thread at the finishing end of the hair comb with a few knots.
6. Get down with your bad self.
I hope you have as much fun sporting these unconventional DIY chain hair combs as I did. So easy, but so avant-garde. xo!